We’re looking for an experienced Digital Content Writer who is passionate about
driving financial inclusion in Africa. The ideal candidate will be responsible for writing
and publishing in different styles and directions, to guide users and motivate them to
use our product and services.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need
- Growth mentality. You’re looking for the next step in your career and you are
not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Proactive. You’re looking to do more than your core role and are comfortable
with moving fast and making decisions with imperfect data and learning on
- Storyteller. You have a knack for telling powerful stories that can communicate
our vision to the world.
- Superb communication skills. You’re a genius of words - both written and said.
You already see this job post as too long and already have ideas on how to
trim it down.
- Copywriter. You know how to explain complex concepts in clear, pithy prose,
and you cannot wait to write a byline for Dukka about why digital inclusion is
the future of commerce
- Experience. A proven track record of storytelling at a Fintech or financial
industry will set you apart from the crowd.
- Self-motivated. You’ll work towards targets with minimal supervision
- Motivational. You can coordinate and sway a team with words
- Passion. You're passionate about telling great stories, the digital economy,
data, payments, small businesses, and/or financial systems.
We’re a startup. You should be comfortable taking a complex topic and
simplifying it to easy to digest content forms.
- Research industry-related topics to develop SEO driven blog content and
- Editing existing content to optimize for SEO
- Prepare well-structured, well researched, content briefs, outlines, landing
pages, and blog articles
- Proofread and edit content before publishing across web and social platforms.
- Submit work to Content Manager for review and approval
- Write social media posts
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication or any related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in app and marketing content writing in the
- Proficient in MS Office suite and familiarity with and willingness to use online
collaboration tools such as Google Drive suite etc.
- Excellent writing ability with strong marketing inclination.
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Good research and analytical skills to quickly grasp new concepts and
- Good organizational ability to manage multiple tasks, often to tight deadlines
- A creative approach, both in coming up with ideas for new features and for
getting a message across innovatively with fewer texts.
- An understanding of digital marketing and search engine optimization (SEO)
plus specific IT skills, such as an understanding of HTML or WordPress.
- Should be strongly self-motivated and can work independently